Feb 1, 2018
In this episode, I am talking to Eric van Zelm, Senior Client
Partner from Korn Ferry research institute.
Eric has spent many years with Agile principles and he is very
passionate about this subject. In the episode, we speak about Agile
principles and how they can be implemented in an organization. Then
we switch to reward in Agile environment.
We discuss in more detail:
How to evaluate Agile jobs?
When doing so, one need to take into
- the complexity of the project
- personal impact (e.g. connection to the business, knowledge -
go to person, network, etc.
- Overall, it’s a delicate balance between the job and the person
sitting in the job
- One shouldn’t differentiate too much in Agile environment, it
can be hearting the internal cohession
- Typically, 3 point scales can be seen (clear indication of true
excelence, and “missing the boat”)
- Incidental bonuses (coinciding with achievements) work better
than annual payments
- Budget distribution among team members - at the discression of
the manager/product owner